Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catching Up

This is Alexanderia the Great on Today on NBC.  This is me with Amy Robach from the Today Show.  I was on a couple of weeks ago. Ok I know I have managed to "escape" from my duties here in updating you.  For that am I sorry.  Maybe I could use the excuse that I have been "tied up" but that would be way to corny right?  It has been a crazy year.  The media I have received has been simply amazing.  I am so grateful to all.  So let me try and recap.  When last I posted we had just done the New England Cable News (NECN) shoot ( a CNN affiliate).  Ally Donnelly was the lead reporter who also found my story was so sweet.  She could not have been nicer.  The shoot was such fun.  She was the first media person to try on any of my restraints actually putting on my strait jacket.  The look on her face when she got it on was priceless.  The was back in January.  From there it starts to become a blur.  What I will try and do in this post is list what has happened by way of media since January.  I will follow up in the coming weeks to fill in the details of the shoots and look to the future and what is next for me.

February
  • The Boston Globe puts me on the cover of their G magazine ans says my escapes are"edge of your seat stuff"
  • Greater Boston with Emily Rooney (on Boston's PBS channel 2) does a feature and in studio interview and says "she can get out of practically everything"
  • The CBS Evening News does a feature piece as Steve Hartman makes me his Assignment America story.  He calls me the "Housewife Houdini" and calls my story "inspirational"
March
  • Itricks.com a magic web site which writes on all magic news does a nice story on me as an escape artist.  They feel that CBS only focused on my story and did not do justice on the level of escapes and how dangerous they are. 
April
  • Fox 25 Morning News does a story on me and invites me in studio to do an interview and an escape live. 

May
  • Ivanhoe Productions comes and does a feature piece on me for their web site Smart Women.
June
  • Jordan Rich radio show on WBZ Boston.  We spent an hour talking and did an escape live in studio 

July
  • A story on my Houlton Fair show in Maine
  • Local press on my charity event for the Mason Pool in Roxbury where I did my Underwater Leap Faith 
August
  • My Smart Women story runs on over 300 news stations across the country
  • Yahoo Studios comes to do a feature story on me for their award winning series Second Act.
September
  • Fresh off my Yahoo story Amy Roboch sees it and show the rest of the Today Show crew.  They call and do a feature story on me and fly me down to appear live.
October
  • Style Boston WCVB TV (ABC Affiliate) will be doing a story on me to air on Oct 30th.
  • The original Houdini Seance contacts me to perform and be at the table when they try and connect with Harry Houdini on Halloween on the 85th anniversary of his death.
Ok so we have lots to talk about as I need to caught you up.  A wild ride and I think it might get wilder.  Stay tuned.
Extremely Yours
Alex
PS if you want to see any of the pieces go to my web site and clip on the links.


No comments:

Post a Comment